LAS VEGAS, Sept. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- International Game Technology (NYSE: IGT), a global leader in casino gaming entertainment and systems technology, will showcase industry-leading video lottery terminal (VLT) products from Sept. 9 – 12 at the World Lottery Summit in Montreal, Canada.
"IGT is deeply rooted in the video lottery market and is dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers by offering a portfolio of engaging themes for players that also drive revenue," said Eric Tom, IGT vice president of Global Sales. "We are happy to be back at the World Lottery Summit to show customers what new products IGT has to deliver."
IGT operates in every major VLT market and continues expanding to new regions and countries. Recent IGT agreements include:
- In 2011, IGT launched the first Megahits® interstate wide area progressive (WAP) link between the lottery jurisdictions of Delaware, Rhode Island and West Virginia.
- In July 2012, IGT announced the placement of 756 VLTs at the Scioto Downs Racino in Columbus, Ohio, making it the leading provider in the Ohio VLT market.
- IGT was awarded 56.7 percent of the VLT replacement for Societe des Lotteries Video du Quebec (SLVQ), supplied 7,200 new VLTs to SLVQ in Canada in 2011 and will soon provide online content for Loto-Quebec's online casino EspaceJeux.com.
- IGT continues to be a leading provider in the state-run VLT venues of New York, Rhode Island, Delaware, Maryland and West Virginia with over 24,000 unit placements collectively. Most recently IGT provided more than 1,600 VLTs for the newly opened Resorts World in New York and more than 1,335 VLTs for Maryland Live! with more units to be added at the property in the next few weeks.
- IGT's recent agreement with the Atlantic Lottery Corporation has the Company supplying 1,612 new VLTs to the four Atlantic Provinces.
- IGT's recent strategic partnership with Lottomatica provides IGT entry into the Italian VLT market; a market reported to be in excess of 2 billion dollars in gross gaming revenue, with Lottomatica, currently the leading operator in the VLT market.
International Game Technology (NYSE: IGT) is a global leader in casino gaming entertainment and continues to transform the industry by translating casino player experiences to social, mobile and interactive environments for regulated markets around the world. IGT's recent acquisition of Double Down Interactive provides engaging casino style entertainment to more than 5 million players monthly. More information about IGT is available at www.IGT.com or connect with IGT at @IGTNews or www.facebook.com/IGT. Anyone can play at the DoubleDown Casino by visiting http://apps.facebook.com/doubledowncasino or www.doubledowncasino.com.
Shelle Murach, IGT Public Relations, +1-775-448-0221, Shelle.Murach@IGT.com