As the industry leader, IGT is committed to sharing the latest information.
IGT Celebrates 15 Years of Environmental, Social and Governance Excellence with Publication of 2021 Sustainability Report
LONDON, July 7, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- International Game Technology PLC ("IGT") (NYSE: IGT) announced today the release of its 2021 Sustainability Report, which outlines the Company's demonstrated environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance. IGT's 15th annual Sustainability Report validates the Company's commitment to operating as an industry-leading sustainable business and illustrates its latest achievements in generating value for its stakeholders.
"IGT understood the vast importance of sustainability 15 years ago when we issued the Company's first Sustainability Report, and our 2021 Sustainability Report underscores the progress we have made since then," said Vince Sadusky, IGT CEO."We are developing our sustainability plans to further integrate sustainability across the entire value chain and improve the ESG impact throughout our daily operations. Highlighted in our 2021 Sustainability Report, this plan outlines strategic goals that will drive our ESG performance, now and in the future."
The latest IGT Sustainability Report demonstrates the Company's drive to create value for its stakeholders, increase its corporate citizenship and enhance reporting on its activities through four key sustainability priorities: Valuing and Protecting Our People, Advancing Responsibility, Supporting Our Communities, and Fostering Sustainable Operations.
Highlights of the report include:
- Valuing and Protecting Our People: IGT values, respects and appreciates the contributions of all employees. The diversity of its workforce and their appreciation for a multicultural work environment contributes to IGT's understanding of global business needs and builds on IGT's meaningful relationships with customers and communities.
- IGT issued its first Human Rights Policy Statement which outlines the Company's belief that promoting sustainable principles begins with respecting the basic rights to which all human beings are entitled. As a global organization, IGT is responsible for promoting human rights and contributing to meaningful change around the world.
- Diversity and inclusion objectives were recently introduced for IGT's senior leadership team, and in 2021, business unit leaders created action plans related to goals relative to diverse representation on their teams.
- Advancing Responsibility: IGT's commitment to advancing responsibility includes maintaining the integrity of games by ensuring its products and services are fully compliant with existing laws and the protection of all stakeholders' rights. The Company's approach to responsible gaming follows goals and commitments that aim to raise the standards of responsible gaming throughout the industry.
- In 2021, IGT released its Global Responsible Gaming Policy to transparently inform all relevant stakeholders about IGT's worldwide programs and solutions. It was also created to meet or exceed requirements and regulations of responsible gaming in all jurisdictions where IGT operates.
- IGT also reaffirmed its responsible gaming leadership with recertification from the World Lottery Association's Associate Member Corporate Social Responsibility Standards and Certification Framework.
- Supporting Our Communities: IGT supports communities where it operates and where its employees live through corporate programs that align with the United Nations' sustainable development goals (SDGs). Community involvement and employee engagement initiatives embrace a breadth of causes through corporate giving, corporate sponsorships and employee-driven programs.
- In 2021, IGT's charitable giving focused primarily on basic needs as the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic have had lasting impacts in the communities it serves.
- Fostering Sustainable Operations: IGT's sustainability practices involve continual improvement of its environmental management systems and reduction of its impact on the environment.
- In 2021, IGT joined the Science Based Targets initiative, which drives climate action among businesses worldwide. With this commitment, IGT officially pledged to set targets to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, contributing to low-carbon emissions and furthering IGT's ESG impact.
IGT (NYSE:IGT) is a global leader in gaming. We deliver entertaining and responsible gaming experiences for players across all channels and regulated segments, from Lotteries and Gaming Machines to Sports Betting and Digital. Leveraging a wealth of compelling content, substantial investment in innovation, player insights, operational expertise, and leading-edge technology, our solutions deliver unrivaled gaming experiences that engage players and drive growth. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has approximately 10,500 employees. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This news release may contain forward-looking statements (including within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995) concerning International Game Technology PLC and its consolidated subsidiaries (the "Company") and other matters. These statements may discuss goals, intentions, and expectations as to future plans, trends, events, dividends, results of operations, or financial condition, or otherwise, based on current beliefs of the management of the Company as well as assumptions made by, and information currently available to, such management. Forward-looking statements may be accompanied by words such as "aim," "anticipate," "believe," "plan," "could," "would," "should," "shall", "continue," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "future," "guidance," "intend," "may," "will," "possible," "potential," "predict," "project" or the negative or other variations of them. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which such statements are made and are subject to various risks and uncertainties, many of which are outside the Company's control. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should any of the underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may differ materially from those predicted in the forward-looking statements and from past results, performance, or achievements. Therefore, you should not place undue reliance on such statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements include (but are not limited to) the factors and risks described in the Company's annual report on Form 20-F for the financial year ended December 31, 2021 and other documents filed from time to time with the SEC, which are available on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov and on the investor relations section of the Company's website at www.IGT.com. Except as required under applicable law, the Company does not assume any obligation to update these forward-looking statements. You should carefully consider these factors and other risks and uncertainties that affect the Company's business. All forward-looking statements contained in this news release are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. All subsequent written or oral forward-looking statements attributable to International Game Technology PLC, or persons acting on its behalf, are expressly qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement.
Phil O'Shaughnessy, Global Communications, toll free in U.S./Canada +1 (844) IGT-7452; outside U.S./Canada +1 (401) 392-7452
Francesco Luti, +39 06 5189 9184; for Italian media inquiries
James Hurley, Investor Relations, +1 (401) 392-7190
© 2022 IGT
The trademarks and/or service marks used herein are either trademarks or registered trademarks of IGT, its affiliates or its licensors.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/igt-celebrates-15-years-of-environmental-social-and-governance-excellence-with-publication-of-2021-sustainability-report-301581907.html
SOURCE International Game Technology PLC